The mission of the Issaquah PTSA Council is to empower our members as we advocate for children at the local and state levels; build strong local PTAs/PTSAs through education and leadership support; and provide collaborative opportunities between member PTAs/PTSAs, the school district, and other community organizations concerned with the health, welfare, and education of all children.
The Issaquah PTSA Council will . . .
- Make advocacy accessible for our members by providing quick and easy avenues to participate in the legislative process.
- Support local PTAs/PTSAs with their membership goals in order to increase council membership by 1.5% over last year.
- Provide Washington State PTA, National PTA, Issaquah School District, and community information to our members with active links for flyers and contact information.
- Partner with Issaquah School District to inform our members about district policies and programs.
- Educate the Issaquah School District families and community regarding the value of the Healthy Youth Survey and partner with organizations that support healthy life choices.
- Empower local PTA/PTSA leaders by encouraging the implementation of Best Practices, facilitating cooperation and information exchange, and disseminating information about state and regional leadership training.
Approved by the General Membership on September 15, 2016.