The mission of the Issaquah PTSA Council is to empower our members as we advocate for children at the local and state levels; build strong local PTAs/PTSAs through education and leadership support; and provide collaborative opportunities between member PTAs/PTSAs, the school district, and other community organizations concerned with the health, welfare, and education of all children.
The Issaquah PTSA Council will . . .
- Improve council communication and dissemination of information from Washington State PTA, National PTA, Issaquah School District, and community organizations in order to support the local PTA/PTSA leadership.
- Increase the advocacy efforts of our members by providing quick and easy avenues to participate in the legislative process.
- Support local PTAs/PTSAs with their membership goals in order to increase council membership by 1.5% over last year.
- Educate our members about the Issaquah School District committees with council representation and provide updates about new and changing policies and programs including, but not limited to: Family Partnership Team, Equity Advisory, Safety Advisory, Grading Principals, and Homework Guideline.
- Build awareness of the value of the Healthy Youth Survey and partner with organizations that educate students and families about the importance of healthy life choices.
- Support the efforts of Volunteers for Issaquah Schools.
Approved by the General Membership on September 14, 2017.