Welcome to the home of
The Issaquah PTSA Council 2.6
The Issaquah PTSA Council is governed by a board of directors and the voting representatives its member units. Washington State PTA has chartered Issaquah PTSA Council to support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the independently-chartered local PTA and PTSA units within the area of the Issaquah School District.
Congratulations to the 2014-2015 Reflections District Finalists! Click HERE to see the list.
Reminder: Awards Applications are due by March 1, 2015 (postmarked)!
Student Essay Contest – Male Role Model in My Life
The Washington State PTA (WSPTA) is once again offering the Men’s Essay Contest. This is an opportunity for students to write essays about an important man in their life. WSPTA acknowledges the importance of men in children’s lives, and offers an annual essay contest for students to showcase the important men who make positive impacts in their lives. There are categories for K-12, plus a special author category for students who receive services, as defined by the ADA. Entry deadline is March 1, 2015. Find further details and entry form here:
Region 2 is 35% of State Membership ~ Issaquah is 11% of that with only 1% of the whole state school population!
The mission of the Issaquah PTSA Council is to advocate for students at the local and state level and to support our member units with particular focus on helping them adopt Best Practices and develop leadership.
- Inform local units about our Council Community Partnerships.
- Continue to educate the community regarding the value of the Healthy Youth Survey, and continue partnerships that support
healthy life choices.
- Determine local units’ needs and facilitate networking.
- Support local units with their membership goals, to reach a council goal of 85% membership district-wide.
- Continue to monitor the district’s implementation of its homework policy, and communicate the plans to our community.
- Partner with ISD on their Culture of Kindness and Safety Action Plan goals within the schools.
- Support our local units to fulfill the WSPTA training requirement by promoting opportunities to achieve that goal.
2014-2015 Issaquah PTSA Council Officers
- Co-President; Deb Smith
- Co-President; Ina Ghangurde
- Secretary; Korista Smith-Barney
- Treasurer; Pailin Huang
- Co-VP High Schools; Jody Mull
- Co-VP High Schools; Shelley Russell
- VP Middle Schools; Alicia Veevaert
- VP Elementary South; Laila Collins
- VP Elementary Central; Heather Maloney
- VP Elementary North; Kym Clayton
Please visit the Board page for a complete list of Council Board members.