Welcome to the home of
The Issaquah PTSA Council 2.6
The Issaquah PTSA Council is governed by a board of directors and the voting representatives its member units. Washington State PTA has chartered Issaquah PTSA Council to support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the independently-chartered local PTA and PTSA units within the area of the Issaquah School District.
The 2012-2013 School Year ended with 14,363 members, representing over 86% of the students in the Issaquah School District! Our Goal is 90%. Region 2 is 35% of State Membership. Issaquah is 11% of that!
The Issaquah PTSA Council’s Mission is to advocate for students at the local and state level and to support our member units with particular focus on helping them adopt Best Practices and develop leadership
- Support the passage of the ISD Feb. 11 Levy.
- Build better awareness of our Council Community Partnerships.
- Promote and educate the community on the results of the healthy youth survey and support families within our community with healthy life choices.
- Determine local units’ needs and facilitate networking.
- Support local units with their membership goals.
- Monitor the district’s plan with the homework policy and communicate the plans to our community.
- Partner with ISD on their Kindness Connection and Safety Action Plan Goals within the schools.
2013-2014 Issaquah PTSA Council Officers
The following officers have been elected to serve our 2013-2014 PTSA council:
- Co-President; Deb Smith
- Co-President; Heather Maloney
- Secretary; Alicia Veevaert
- Treasurer; Pailin Huang
- VP High Schools; Leslie Miniken
- VP Middle Schools; Stephanie Quinn
- VP Elementary Central/South; Laila Collins
- VP Elementary North; Shelly Russell
Please visit the Board page for a complete list of Council Board members.
Untimely Loss: Vicki Hoffman October 2013
It is with great sorrow that we say goodbye to our good friend and incredible community leader, Vicki Hoffman. Vicki passed away suddenly on Saturday, October 12. Vicki was a tireless community volunteer for our youth. Among many hats, she just finished a term as president of the Drug Free Coalition, was the Art Docent Chair and Board member for the Issaquah PTSA Council, involved in the Issaquah Nourishing Network, a huge part of the Issaquah arts community-teaching classes and volunteered extensively at ArtEast (who partners with the schools to promote the love of hands on art), passionate in the Issaquah Schools Foundation; Basic Student Needs Committee (committed to making sure all students in the District have access to the basic tools they need to succeed in school such as food, clothing and dental care). Vicki was in the process of developing a hot breakfast program for Tiger Mountain. There is hardly a student or school who has not been touched in some way by Vicki’s love for students, art and just people in general. Stan, Ashley and Kyle are in our thoughts and prayers.
In lieu of flowers, we would ask that you donate in Vicki’s memory to one of the following charities: Issaquah Friends of Youth, Issaquah Schools Foundation, or the Issaquah Food Bank. Link to tributes and memories http://pacificcascadeptsa.org/Page/PTSA/VickiHoffman
Issaquah Schools Foundation (ISF) The Issaquah PTSA Council supports the Issaquah Schools Foundation’s efforts to drive resources to help all students achieve the promise of their academic potential.