Welcome to the home of
The Issaquah PTSA Council 2.6
The Issaquah PTSA Council is governed by a board of directors and the voting representatives its member units. Washington State PTA has chartered Issaquah PTSA Council to support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the independently-chartered local PTA and PTSA units within the area of the Issaquah School District.
——————————————————– WHAT’S NEW —————————————————————-
- Washington State Reflections Award Winners: 12 Issaquah students take AWARDS! CLICK HERE
- FREE Bike Helmets For Kids April 26th & May 3rd CLICK HERE
- Issaquah School District Golden Acorn & Outstanding Advocate Reception, Tuesday March 25 at Swedish Issaquah Conference Room For more information CLICK HERE
- Community Values Survey Results: Issaquah Community – Thank you for helping us communicate what the community values in their school district. The Community Value Survey results were presented to School Board, Schools Cabinet and the two Teach negotiating teams on January 9th, 2014.
As of November the Issaquah PTA has 13,406 (78%) enrolled members. 100% Teacher Memberships are due now. For those units already at 100% membership, please send in your award applications now. The 2012-2013 School Year ended with 14,363 members, representing over 86% of the students in the Issaquah School District! Our Goal is 90%. Region 2 is 35% of State Membership. Issaquah is 11% of that!
Congratulations to those PTSA Units with 100% Membership!
- Cougar Ridge Elementary PTSA
- Discovery Elementary PTSA
- Endeavour Elementary PTSA
- Issaquah Valley Elementary PTSA
- Newcastle Elementary PTSA
- Pine Lake Middle School PTSA
- Sunny Hills Elementary PTSA
The Issaquah PTSA Council’s Mission is to advocate for students at the local and state level and to support our member units with particular focus on helping them adopt Best Practices and develop leadership
- Support the passage of the ISD Feb. 11 Levy.
- Build better awareness of our Council Community Partnerships.
- Promote and educate the community on the results of the healthy youth survey and support families within our community with healthy life choices.
- Determine local units’ needs and facilitate networking.
- Support local units with their membership goals.
- Monitor the district’s plan with the homework policy and communicate the plans to our community.
- Partner with ISD on their Kindness Connection and Safety Action Plan Goals within the schools.
2013-2014 Issaquah PTSA Council Officers
The following officers have been elected to serve our 2013-2014 PTSA council:
- Co-President; Deb Smith
- Co-President; Heather Maloney
- Secretary; Alicia Veevaert
- Treasurer; Pailin Huang
- VP High Schools; Leslie Miniken
- VP Middle Schools; Stephanie Quinn
- VP Elementary Central/South; Laila Collins
- VP Elementary North; Shelly Russell
Please visit the Board page for a complete list of Council Board members. …………………………..