Welcome to the home of
The Issaquah PTSA Council 2.6
The Issaquah PTSA Council is governed by a board of directors and the voting representatives its member units. Washington State PTA has chartered Issaquah PTSA Council to support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the independently-chartered local PTA and PTSA units within the area of the Issaquah School District.
——————————————————– WHAT’S NEW —————————————————————-
- 2013-2014 was big! TWO (2) Issaquah students (Discovery & Endeavor) are National PTA Reflections Winners! See Reflection Page for more details.
- Community Values Survey Results CLICK HERE: Issaquah Community – Thank you for helping us communicate what the community values in their school district.
As of February the Issaquah PTSA has 14,390 (83%) enrolled members.
The 2012-2013 School Year ended with 14,679 members, representing over 86% of the students in the Issaquah School District! Our Goal is 90%. Region 2 is 35% of State Membership. Issaquah is 11% of that!
The Issaquah PTSA Council’s Mission is to advocate for students at the local and state level and to support our member units with particular focus on helping them adopt Best Practices and develop leadership
- Support the passage of the ISD Feb. 11 Levy.
- Build better awareness of our Council Community Partnerships.
- Promote and educate the community on the results of the healthy youth survey and support families within our community with healthy life choices.
- Determine local units’ needs and facilitate networking.
- Support local units with their membership goals.
- Monitor the district’s plan with the homework policy and communicate the plans to our community.
- Partner with ISD on their Kindness Connection and Safety Action Plan Goals within the schools.
2014-2015 Issaquah PTSA Council Officers
- Co-President; Deb Smith
- Co-President; Ina Ghangurde
- Secretary; Korista Smith-Barney
- Treasurer; Pailin Huang
- VP High Schools; Jody Mull
- VP Middle Schools; Alicia Veevaert
- VP Elementary South; Laila Collins
- VP Elementary Central; Heather Maloney
- VP Elementary North; Kym Clayton
Please visit the Board page for a complete list of Council Board members. …………………………..