Welcome to the home of
The Issaquah PTSA Council 2.6
The Issaquah PTSA Council is governed by a board of directors and the voting representatives its member units. Washington State PTA has chartered Issaquah PTSA Council to support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the independently-chartered local PTA and PTSA units within the area of the Issaquah School District.
——————————————————– WHAT’S NEW —————————————————————-
- 2014-2015 Reflections Theme Announced: For details on the theme and deadlines, click here.
- Community Values Survey Results CLICK HERE: Issaquah Community – Thank you for helping us communicate what the community values in their school district.
As of February the Issaquah PTSA has 14,390 (83%) enrolled members.
The 2012-2013 School Year ended with 14,679 members, representing over 86% of the students in the Issaquah School District! Our Goal is 90%. Region 2 is 35% of State Membership. Issaquah is 11% of that!
The mission of the Issaquah PTSA Council is to advocate for students at the local and state level and to support our member units with particular focus on helping them adopt Best Practices and develop leadership.
- Inform local units about our Council Community Partnerships.
- Continue to educate the community regarding the value of the Healthy Youth Survey, and continue partnerships that support healthy life choices.
- Determine local units’ needs and facilitate networking.
- Support local units with their membership goals, to reach a council goal of 85% membership district-wide.
- Continue to monitor the district’s implementation of its homework policy, and communicate the plans to our community.
- Partner with ISD on their Culture of Kindness and Safety Action Plan goals within the schools.
- Support our local units to fulfill the WSPTA training requirement by promoting opportunities to achieve that goal.
2014-2015 Issaquah PTSA Council Officers
- Co-President; Deb Smith
- Co-President; Ina Ghangurde
- Secretary; Korista Smith-Barney
- Treasurer; Pailin Huang
- VP High Schools; Jody Mull
- VP Middle Schools; Alicia Veevaert
- VP Elementary South; Laila Collins
- VP Elementary Central; Heather Maloney
- VP Elementary North; Kym Clayton
Please visit the Board page for a complete list of Council Board members. …………………………..