Do you have an 18 year old? Please make sure they are registered to vote to help us pass this Bond! Every Vote Counts! It’s easy to register online here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/elections/how-to-vote/register-to-vote.aspx Visit the King County Elections Home Page for voter guides and additional information on how to register. The Issaquah School District Capital Bond Measure is on the April 26, 2016ballot. If you have a student away at college be sure to mail them their ballots so they can vote too! The deadline to register online in March 28!
Here is your weekly info – it’s crunch time, so please take the time to send out this info to your communities! FYI – ballots drop in 16 Days!
We have it broken down into sections, labeled, to copy and paste and post/send out. Thank you so much for your help!
Items listed below:
1) Info to copy/paste to endorse and have your name included in Issaquah Press
2) Vote Yes! info to copy/paste for your PTA Enews or Newsletter (contains campaign messaging, can’t be sent through school)
3) Info to copy/paste for your Facebook Page – Post ASAP – Deadline to Register to Vote for this election is NEXT MONDAY March 28th
4) Info for you: Due date to mail your PTA Postcards – must mail out from the Issaquah Post office
5) VIS bus logo JPG (to include on Enews for your PTA – can’t be sent through school. I have had requests to resend).
6) VOTE YES Facebook Profile JPG – please use as your profile picture from now to April 27th to show your support!
NOTE: Everyone can send out the Bond Facts through PTA and the School’s Enews. But if you add “VOTE YES” anywhere – your info MUST be sent through your own PTA database only (not the school.)
1) Info to copy/paste asking for endorsements to be included in Issaquah Press (deadline this Weds to be included):
Hello PTA Members and Friends,
As you may have heard, the Issaquah School District has a construction bond on the April 26, 2016 ballot. Our PTA voted unanimously to endorse the bond at the last membership meeting and our PTA is listed on the Volunteers for Issaquah Schools (VIS) endorsement page (view here at www.visvote.org).
VIS is publishing a full page color ad in the Issaquah Press and Sammamish Review and everyone who has endorsed the bond will have their name printed in the paper. If you would like to show your support of this bond measure and have your name included in the Issaquah Press & Sammamish Review, please go online and endorse by this Weds March 23rd at http://www.visvote.org/endorsements-2016/
Ballots drop on Weds., April 6th – which means they should arrive in your mailbox on Thurs the 7th or Friday the 8th. Please vote before Spring Break! We need a 60% YES Vote to pass this bond, so every vote counts!
Thank you for supporting this important bond measure for our community!
2) Bond Info to copy/paste – this is for PTA Enews Only – not school Enews (contains VOTE YES! Info):
April 26, 2016 ISD Building Bond…What is the cost and why do we need this Bond now?
You know your tax dollars will be wisely managed: The Issaquah School District has the highest bond rating of any school district in the state and has earned both a Moody’s Aaa bond rating and a S&P AA+ rating. Less than one-half percent of districts in the country have earned this dual bond rating which allows the district to borrow funds at a lower interest rate and saves taxpayers money. For 13 consecutive years the district has has clean audits by the Washington State Auditor’s Office.
Why now? Available land for schools is becoming increasingly scarce. Land and construction costs will only increase as the region’s economy expands. Now is the time to secure land and prepare for incoming students.
Why? Our schools are overcrowded. Our student population has grown by more than 2,000 kids over the last 4 years and we expect up to 2,000 more in the next 5 years, as well as a significant influx of students into full-day kindergarten. This explosive growth requires more schools and additional classrooms in elementary schools.
What will it cost? The district effectively manages your tax dollars which means your school tax rate will not increase. Bond sales are structured and timed so that rates remain level.
VOTE YES! FOR ISSAQUAH SCHOOLS BY APRIL 26th! Ballots drop April 6th…Please Vote before Spring Break!
3) Copy/Paste for Facebook Post to register to vote: (can put in Enews too)
4) Due Dates for PTA Postcard Mailing
Please mail your postcards on your assigned day – if you can’t please contact Anne Moore at email@example.com or Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alicia at email@example.com and we will help you!
NOTE: Bring completed postage stmt form and postcards in the tray to the Issaquah Post Office Bulk Mail Window (blue door, left side of counter)
ONLY OPEN Monday–Friday 10am-1:45 to receive these bulk mail items – must arrive during this time
Elementary Schools Weds March 30th
Middle Schools Thurs March 31st
High Schools Monday April 4th
5) VIS BUS Logo – JPG attached for use for any of your PTA communications – CAN’T BE USED IN SCHOOL EMAIL because it is advocating for to VOTE YES
6) VOTE YES FACEBOOK JPG: