Let Your Imagination Fly
is the theme for the 2015-2016 school year. It was created by Rachel Sperry of Northwood, N.D.and was selected through the Reflections Theme Search Contest. When asked what inspired her theme, Rachel said, “I tell myself to let my imagination fly when writing and sketching.” The theme helps Rachel to explore her imagination and she hopes it will inspire others to be creative. Join the search for a future theme by entering the annual Theme Search Contest.
All children deserve opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts.
What will you create? The Arts–and the National PTA Reflection program can be a valuable tool for fostering strong partnerships in your school community. The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
In 2012, the Special Artist Division emerged as an optional division for students whose physical, cognitive, or mental health challenges meet ADA guidelines. More information regarding guidelines and rules will be in your Reflections Guide.
Are you a new Reflections Chair or would like some info on how to implement Reflections in your school? Follow along with your WSPTA Reflections Guide for Local PTAs (you will receive the Fall from your PTA President).
- Issaquah Reflections Orientation for Chairs: Monday, September 21, 10:30am-12:00pm at Issaquah Library Meeting Room (10 W Sunset Way)
- District Reflections deadline to submit student work: Friday, November 20, 12:45-3:00pm at Issaquah Library Meeting Room (10 W Sunset Way)
- District Reflections Gallery Walk Reception: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 6:30-8:00pm. Gallery Walk (come and go anytime during this time) at Issaquah High School Commons area
Want to know more?
- National PTA’s Reflections Flyer
- Washington State Reflections Resources/Forms
- visit PTA.org/Reflections to learn more!
Please feel free to jump on board. With so many details, many hands make the work load light. Volunteers needed to help with the District Reception in January. Please contact the Council Reflections Chair for more information.
Issaquah PTSA Council Reflections Chair:Yvette Blauvelt,
email@example.com Click HERE to visit the WSPTA Reflections Website
Finalists & Winners: