Our mission is to make sure students who receive Special Services in the Issaquah School District have a voice. Our goal is to assist families in navigating the education system, connect them with resources, provide support and advocate for inclusion.
We work to ensure each Issaquah School District child is prepared for academic success as foundation for a productive life. The world thrives from people who see things differently, and we seek to nurture the different perspectives of Issaquah children through community and support.
The STAR Committee strives to provide:
- Team Building: We provide networking opportunities to connect parents to other families with students who receive Special Services. Connect with us in our new Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/IssaquahSTAR
- Advocacy: We represent the interests of special education families to the Issaquah PTSA and the Issaquah School District. We advocate for inclusion and accessibility – in school curricula, activities and more. We aim to improve communications between parents/guardians and district administrators.
- Resources: We discuss and share information and resources in the community, and invite professionals to speak on related topics.
Want to help? We’re looking for parents and members of the community to help plan and execute ideas and programs. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIPS: Tuesday Issaquah Parent Support
- Who: Issaquah parents and guardians of children with disabilities.
- What: A chance to connect and discuss with other parents in a friendly environment.
- When: The first Tuesday of the month from 7:00-10:00 PM
- Where: Starbucks on Gilman Blvd (in front of QFC), 1460 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah WA 98027
- Issaquah School District Special Services
- State of Washington – Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction – Special Education
- Office of the Education Ombuds
- Wrightslaw – Information on Special Education Law and Advocacy
Chairperson: Carrie Hipsher
- No upcoming events